Piedmont Springs Campground History
Celebrating 78 years of ministering to the churches in North Alabama & Georgia
Click the notes above to hear music
by Kadesh while you browse
In July 2010 we will celebrate 78 years of being a centralized meeting place named Piedmont Springs Campground.
The services for the first two years were held under a large tent.
A large, wooden open air tabernacle was constructed later.
The Old Tabernacle built circa 1934
Old Tabernacle after a brick wall was added to the back side circa 1970's
The Tabernacle 2010
Enjoying the Fellowship
Parking Lot circa 1930's
When the campground was first constructed, the campers would travel from many miles around the Piedmont area; some from
over a 100 miles away (which was miracle within itself given the dependability of vehicles and the condition of roads back in that era)
and "camp-out" in their vehicles or sleep under small tents.
Cabins were eventually constructed giving the campers a more feeling of permanency.
Cabins circa 1930's
Most of the cabins today have modern conveniences, such as running water, septic systems, electrical power, and air conditioners.
The original cabins did not have these utilities.
The cabins are privately owned by members, with a fee
paid each year for utility usage.
The first cabins were constructed of crude cut lumber (As seen in the above photo)
with the more modern cabins being constructed of concrete blocks or milled lumber. (As seen in the photo's below)
New Cabin Being Constructed in 2008
Old Boy's Dorm circa 1983
The old boy's dorm had become too much of a maintenance nightmare, so in 2005 the constituents of the North AL District
voted to fund and construct a new boy's dorm which consists of about 20 rooms
which doubles as a motel for campmeeting guests.
New Boy's Dorm under construction 2006
Construction Continuing 2007
Building Completed 2008
Inside view of a completed Room
All the streets within the campground are paved and lighted with a full time caretaker living on the
campground in a nice home that is provided by the district.
A nice, fully furnished cabin is also provided for the evangelist.
The land the campground resides on was donated in 1932 by Sister Rosa Downey pictured above.
"Dinner on the Ground"
Snack Stand 2010
A hamburger stand occupies the area behind the boy's dorm which provides
comfort food for the late night campers and a covered eating area to devour those scores of calories
while enjoying some relaxation and after-service fellowship.
There also is a fully staffed cafeteria for the campers who may wish to dine on the camp ground.
Breakfast & dinner are both served for a small donation which goes towards paying the workers.
Cell phone service is very limited due to the location of the campground being nestled in the foothills of the
beautiful Appalachian Mountain range which are part of Piedmont, but a standard phone is available for emergencies.
Any and all are welcome to attend one night, or the entire week of our upcoming campmeeting.
Services begin at 10:30am CST and 7pm CST daily.
"Old Fashioned Gospel Singing Performed "Live" Each Service by Local Artist"
Our choir still sings the songs of Zion from the old "red back" Church Hymnal!
"We are old-fashioned and proud of it!"
Our address is 3475 Possum Trot Rd
Piedmont, AL 36272
Our Superintendent, Rev. Mark Willingham invites all to attend!
Tobacco is not permitted at our campground
The Congregational Holiness Church, Inc., North Alabama District is a "charitable organization" as defined by Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3)
The Congregational Holiness Church North Alabama District is a Non-Profit Corporation registered in the state of Alabama
© 2010 Congregational Holiness Church Inc. All Rights Reserved